Samartzis Estate is a family owned vineyard, located at the southern slopes of Helicon mountain and between two villages Askre & Vagia that are 62 kilometers South East of the Delphi oracle.
The vineyards of our Estate are cultivated according to the use of a total management system that is aiming to sustain a balance between controlled low yields and the sustainability of the vines.
Our philosophy is to the produce high quality, single vineyard, single grape variety and unique “terroir” wines in our Estate.
Our Estate is divided in twelve different plots and is planted with seven different grape varieties three of them white and four of them red.
The white grape varieties are indigenous Greek grape varieties perfectly acclimatized in the region, Kontoura White (please click here to see more), Malagousia, Savvatiano.
The red grape varieties are three international and one indigenous Greek grape variety that are also perfectly acclimatized in the region, Mouhtaro (rare local Greek Variety), Merlot, Grenache Rouge, Syrah.
The wines we are producing from our vineyards are:
- “Two rivers” white dry, Grape variety Kontoura white,
Single vineyard, old vines, P.G.I. Theva
- “Two rivers” barique white dry, Grape variety Kontoura white,
Single vineyard, old vines, aged for 4-6 months in oak barrels, P.G.I. Theva
- “Two rivers” rose dry, Grape variety Grenache Rouge,
Single vineyard, P.G.I. Theva
- “Klepsidra” white dry, Grape variety Malagousia,
Single vineyard, P.G.I. Central Greece
- “M” red dry, Grape varieties Merlot & Mouhtaro, P.G.I. Central Greece
- “S” red dry, Grape variety Syrah,
“Macération Innovative”, Single vineyard, P.G.I. Central Greece
- “M” Barrique red dry, Grape varieties Merlot & Mouhtaro, aged for 12 months in oak barrels, P.G.I. Central Greece
All our wines are produced and bottled in our Estate winery, at Askre.
The company is certified with ISO 22000:2005.
You can visit our winery during all the months of the year.
The duration of the tour is 45-60 minutes and includes a walk in our vineyards at 9 Musses valley with our winemaker Panos Samartzis and tasting of our wines in the winery.